The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Artspace’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, including timelines and resources needed to sustain the future of Artspace.
- Actively engage volunteers, board members, partnering organizations and funders in supporting the work of Artspace.
- Ensure effective systems to regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure their success.
- Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio at each meeting, and provide a monthly report.
- Supervise Artspace employees and on-site volunteers.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations; grant writing to achieve annual financial goals, including salaries.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications – from social media to external relationships with local community and possible funders.
- Build partnerships in new venues.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to Artspace Community Arts Center mission and should have proven leadership, and mentoring experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and supervise staff. Set and achieve objectives, such as writing grant proposals, and managing a budget.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Quick Books and other database programs.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience.
- Work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people, including young children and parents.
- Experience with or on a Board of Directors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A Bachelors Degree, or equivalent, with at least five years relevant experience.
Twenty to 25 hours a week: days and hours to be agreed upon by the Board
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience