This Week’s Listening Assignment
This week and next week, we’ll focus on preparing the music for our Concert on June 6th at 11am!
- Each student will need to make a short video (1 minute or less) of a song they’d like to share. Some guidelines for making the videos can be found here.
- Each student will also need to make a video of the group concert piece. Please be sure to make your recording while listening to this on headphones. Also Sprach- violin 1/violin 2/cello
- Each student will need to Practice/review the following music for the Play-Along Portion of the Concert– From the book– Cluck Old Hen Violin, Cello and the following songs from the 4th Grade Book- Bicycle Built for Two #52 , Coffee Round #47, Zum Gali Gali #23, Autumn #69 (All GMS 4th Grade sheet music is found here- violin/cello.) From the 3rd Grade Book- Old MacDonald #108, London Bridge #84, Can-Can #77, Are You Sleeping #66, (All 3rd Grade sheet music is found here- violin/cello) and By Ear Pieces– sheet music- violin/cello , and practice videos- Twinkle- Violin/Cello (Parts for Review- Violin/Cello), French Folk Song- Violin/Cello (Parts for Review- Violin/Cello), Lightly Row- Violin/Cello (Parts for Review- Violin/Cello), Song of the Wind- Violin/Cello (Parts for Review- Violin/Cello), Go Tell Aunt Rhody Violin/Cello (Parts for Review- (Violin/Cello). Students can practice playing along with the videos for each song on this playlist.
Please note that ALL videos need to be sent in by June 1st!
New! NoteReading Website
Test your Note Knowledge!
- Violin D string only
- Violin A string only
- Violin A and D
- Violin E String Only
- Violin Add E
- Violin G String Only
- Violin Add G
- Cello D String Only
- Cello A String Only
- Cello D and A
- Cello G String Only
- Cello Add G
- Cello C String Only
- Cello Add C
- Sailor’s Hornpipe- sheet music, lesson video, part video
- Autumn- Music/Video, and play along with this video of both parts.
- Shepherd’s Pipe- Video, shifting sheet
- *Finger Agility Page – video 1, video 2
- Shifting Page– Video
- Shifting- G Major and D Major Scales, Intro to Double Stops – Video
- G Major Arpeggio– Video
- A Major Scale and Arpeggio video
- Upper 2nd Position– Pages (1st page)
- Extended 2nd Position– Pages (2nd page)
- Lower 2nd Position– Pages (3rd page)
- Upper 3rd Position– Piece
- (Lower) 3rd Position– Piece
- Extended Third Position, bonus video- Pieces
- Fourth Position– piece
- 1/2 Position– Piece
- Mixed Positions 1– Video
Cello Group Pieces:
- Beat It- Lesson video, sheet music, complete piece, top part, bottom part– for playing along
- Final Countdown! Pick a part, and give it a try, don’t forget, there are 3 #s! Cello 1– most of the melody, Cello 2– Cool harmonies and some higher parts, Cello 3– driving bass
Pick one to work on each day
- Teaching Videos- Violin 1, Violin 2, Cello
- Parts- Violin 1, Violin 2, Cello
- *New- all parts together– SO COOL!!
Sunset Waltz Parts
- Teaching Videos- Violin 1/Part 1, *Violin 1/Part 2, Violin 2/Part 1, *Violin 2/Part 2, Cello
- Part Videos- Violin 1, Violin 2, Cello
SATURDAY ADVANCED ENSEMBLE
- Practice Russian Folk Song with this video of all the parts together.
- Russian Folk Song video– all students please watch this first. Then watch the video for your instrument- Violin lesson video, cello lesson video, Russian Folk Song Individual Part Videos- Violin/Cello, and music, if you need it.
- Bowing Practice Sheet music and video
- James Bond Theme Class Video #1, Class Video #2- sheet music (violin 1 and 2, find your page), cello part; Videos- All parts together, Violins Teaching Video, Violin 1 part, Violin 2 part, Cello Teaching Video, James Bond Cello Part, G major Scale, e minor scale
PAST LISTENING ASSIGNMENTS LIST